Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Six floors of craft

Yesterday I sought out Yuzawaya, after reading Suzy's post on her blog Floating World Views. Yuzawaya is about 6 floors of craft supplies. It has some wonderful Japanese stationery on one of the floors, oodles of fabric, and everything else in between. I could have spent hours marvelling over the cupcake baking equipment but I had a twitchy husband with me (who hates craft stores).

The quilting fabric collection was very extensive, with all the Japanese lines I recognise from home. Their fat quarters were rather impressively displayed in little, orderly drawers.

See Suzy's very concise directions on how to find it. I didn't take them with me so wasted much time looking for a shop that was only labelled in Japanese characters. This is a great one stop shop for any crafting supplies you might need.

10 comments:

Belinda said...

How I wish I was with you right now. Love that store!

Did you get to cottonfield? It's on the other side of the railway line.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous too! I would love to check out there selection. Did you go to Ito-Ya?

Suzy said...

Oh, I miss Yuzawaya so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it, though.

Anonymous said...

I love this place ! I feel I could easily spend the whole day there...but I guess my wallet wouldn't be so thrilled :)

Anonymous said...

Six floors! Stop making me jealous!

Luru said...

Wow, that looks like heaven! I have to start saving to get there?

Jen said...

Oh I so want to go there. It sounds like heaven! Love the blog too.

Anonymous said...

My husband calls this type of store a "man-killing" store. He thinks all man-killing stores should have a lounge for the men to retreat to while the woman shops. I think this store looks fabulous and when was the last time I was in a store with more that one floor?

StitchinSista said...

Ahhh you are making me miss shopping in Japan. I used to go to Yuzawaya, Hanamomen, Otsukaya, Hobyla Hobyle.... Now I have to shop at Hobby Lobby (-_-;)
Please send these pics to exectives of Jo-Ann!!

Miss Blossom said...

Thanks for all the wonderful info on shopping in Tokyo! I'm wondering what the average price is for a fat quarters shown in your photo? Trying to get a sense of the fabric prices.