Saturday, July 26, 2008

Book review: ISBN 9784579111152

This is one of my favourite Japanese craft books.

I haven't seen it mentioned on any other blogs so I'll post a few pictures here.

The book is all about working with felt to create appliques, flowers or garlands.

I particularly love the skirts. There are several Japanese pattern books that have patterns for simple skirts like these.




At the back of the book there are patterns and instructions for all the motifs, as well as patterns for the several bags featured.

There are a few more pictures over here.

6 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hi - Just found you via Whip Up! This book looks lovely. I have recently started my Japanese craft book collection and will be sure to pop back to see what other books you have reviewed.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I've saw this book a little while ago and regret not picking it up.

By the way, it's great to discover your blog (Thornberry put me onto you), I'm a crafter living in Japan.

Sheila B said...

I own this book. It is one of my favorites as well. I can't wait to make one of the hanging garlands.

The felt used in the projects is so thick. Any ideas where I can find such thick felt?

A Crafty Lawyer said...

This looks like a great book. I'll have to check the Kinokuniya bookstore in New York the next time I'm there to see if I can find it.

Di said...

I love this book! I have another one very similar but this one looks excellent too!!

Anonymous said...

This book was for sale at the NYC Kinokuniya when I was last there a couple of months ago, and I believe they always stock it. I think I'm finally going to have to buy it next time I shop there!