Saturday, July 19, 2008

Shinzi Katoh

A Japanese Craft blog would not be complete without mentioning renowned zakka designer - Shinzi Katoh.



When in Tokyo I wanted to see what all the talk was about so I took a train to Ikebukuro to visit a small Shinzi Katoh store. The store is located within the Sunshine City shopping centre which is about a 10 minute walk from Ikebukuro station. Sunshine City is well sign posted and I found it easily. There is also a very large Tokyu Hands store there.

I first read about the Shinzi Katoh store at the flickr set of Jennifer from Moving Hands. Jennifer's photo set on "crafty shopping in Japan" has some great shops worth visiting. I only wish I'd made it to more of her recommendations.



There is also a Shinzi Katoh flickr group if you want to see more from the range.

1 comment:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I'm a huge Shinzi Katoh fan! I found out recently the he lives (and has his studio/gallery) a couple of towns over from me. I'm going to try to go there in the next month or so.