Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Muji

These stores are all over Japan, and are popping up in other countries too. If you haven't visited a Muji store, put it on your list. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Muji has very affordable and very pared back design. Their items are beautifully simple. I bought a clean-lined shirt in their Paris store at a very low price. It's one of my favourites and I wear it all the time.

As well as many items to satisfy the craft-lovers, there are also lovely things for the home, to wear, to give. The stationery range is particularly lovely - very understated.

And if you just can't wait 'til you travel to Japan, you can visit them online and peruse the catalogue.

They only ship to certain countries though.

6 comments:

jessica said...

oh muji, i love you.

charinthecity said...

They're in London, too! Love the plain brown paper journals

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful Blog! And until reading this I thought Muji was only a furniture store. I can't wait to make a little trip to their Machida Location to go check out their crafty items! Thanks so much!

-Shannon
(Tokyo Mommy)

l o v e l y d e s i g n said...

lord, i wish they had muji here. I really miss it from london...

Morgan said...

They also have Muji stores in Korea (in Seoul, inside the Lotte Department store) and Sweden (inside an Åhlens in... I think Umeå, which is unexpected!). So I'm sure there lots of other places, too, those are just the ones I've been to personally! Both of those were small ones, though, not as big as the ones in London or Japan, but I just wanted to share so that even people nowhere near Japan have a chance to go to the stores!
(& now I seem like a Muji groupie, don't I?!)

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for years for Muji to come to the States after falling in love with their London shops. Finally, New York City now has two Muji locations, one in SoHo and one in the new New York Times building in Midtown! With the dollar doing so poorly against other currencies the prices are a bit higher but the stationery supplies and small goods are still really affordable.

Also, the Museum of Modern Art sells a decent selection of Muji in their two Design Stores in NYC as well as through their website (they may ship internationally for those who don't have a Muji in their area).

I just discovered your blog and it's terrific! You are only increasing my almost lifelong desire to travel to Japan, especially Tokyo! Maybe one day...